Friday, June 6, 2008

in a meeting

i was in a meeting this morning. the meeting went pretty well. i like talking about designing databases, organizing information (seriously, shut up). but then i got bored. the views from our offices are reeeeaaaaalllyyy nice. I often just stare out the window to give my brain a break.

halfway through a point being made, i lost it and my attention carreened into the Bay and Angel Island and Alcatraz. i mentally perked up a few seconds later realizing i had lost the thread of the conversation. i laughed to myself thinking, "this is one of those moments in the Simpsons where Homer has a thought bubble with a circus monkey banging symbols and Homer's voice saying 'doh doh doh doh doh....'" Then I literally thought "doh doh doh doh doh...." and truly lost any hope of recovering back into the gyst of the meeting. that seemed pretty dumb to me.

No comments: