Thursday, June 26, 2008

another bathroom thing

yet another wrapper on a society obsessed with sealable airtight products.

What in the F is the deal with toilet seat liners? Why are we using these? Is it to absorb the pee drops some women can't resist leaving on a public toilet seat (another blog altogether)? Disappointingly and frrom experience, it doesn't absorb the pee enough. Are they some magical barrier preventing the spread of all those nasty toilet seat transmitted diseases my great aunt warned my mother about? Or the crabs my sophomore year college roommate claimed she got from a toilet seat? Could their plague have been avoided?

Women who use these possibly-thousands-of-butts-touching-the-same-place preventers seem overly fussy to me. And they seem like germaphobes. These are the same women who harass their hands with antibacterial gel several times a day. We live in a world crammed full of people and its getting more crowded. Toilet seat liners aren't going to prevent a damned thing.

But PS: Here's what I LIKE about the toilet seat liners. It's fun to pee on the middle part until it collapses into the toilet. Although I don't like it enough to continue using them after my These-Are-Useless realization.

No comments: