Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Yes We Can #1

I've never received a Chia Pet as a gift before. I've always wondered whether I'd enjoy one, but of course, I don't believe one should buy a chia pet for oneself.


This year was my year. A friend got my name in a Secret Santa, and she was the one to gift me with this flaural responsibility. Not only is it a Chia Pet, it is a Chia OBAMA. I'm honored. To maximize enjoyment, I thought I'd share the experience via this blog that no one reads. Photos included.


While travelling home from Topeka, KS, I decided not to pack my Chia Obama in my suitcase. Instead, I took it as a carry on. When going through security at the Kansas City, MO airport, the X-ray security lady asked, "Who is the statue of?" I couldn't conceive she was speaking to me until I remembered what was in my bag. "Oh, that's a Chia Obama," I replied. "Yeah, I thought those were a joke at first." "Me too, until I got one for myself," and with that, I felt my sense of connection to Chia Obama blooming like the sprouts soon to be growing from his head.

Not sure if you can tell, but at the bottom of the box it says, "Chia Obama 'Determined'". This begs the question, "What other Chia Obamas are available?" Chia Obama "Goofy"? Chia Obama "Bummed"? I'll save that google for later.

No comments: